Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Universe Import Issue BO6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixsuresh

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
BE
Hi,

I am using BO6.5. I am facing a strange issue. When I create a new report on a universe, BO automatically imports the universe into the local folder even though the Tools->Options->General tab settings is correct for the "Automatically Import Universe" option. I have checked my user Settings in Supervisor and I don't see anything there.
But if I login to BO with the same user in another Machine, I do not have the issue.

The reason I want to do this is to change the universe, test it from my local drive and then import it. But BO automatically overwrites my changed version with the version from the repository.

Can somebody please help me out?

The idea is that BO evaluates the internal universe sequence between a local version and a repo version. If the repo version is 'newer' it will overwrite the local one.

Automatically import universe relates to the fact that universe will be downloaded the first time a report is run (if no local version exists)

Ties Blom

If you import first, then modify and simply save it WHERE IT WAS (don't use SAVE AS), it should work just fine.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back