Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic SQL Properties Settings from Progress SCHEMA Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJZeak

Programmer
May 3, 2008
CA

I am attempting to update a schema on a character base AIX product circa(9.1) and noticed that when adding a field to a file it automatically updates the SQL properties for FORMAT and WIDTH ... yet when an existing PROGRESS field FORMAT is changed only the SQL FORMAT is updated and not the SQL WIDTH.

These updates are being done in code rather then using the PROGRESS DATA DICTIONARY so I am expecting that either there is an logic error and or a switch or command is missing from the UPDATE logic OR there is a known issue that requires a field be deleted and added back to update the SQL properties properly.

Could someone please point me to documentation that might shed some light on this issue.

_field._width appears to be the SQL Width Property

Looking through the logic _field._format is updated but there is no code that is uddating _field._width ... there doesn't appear to be any Trigger or default values for this field ... a real mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back