Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Send on Behalf of Permissions in Outlook 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooksF

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
US
I'm having an issue where I've been giving Send on Behalf of Permissions to a box in Outlook. But I can't figure out how to configure it so that when I send an email from that box it says John Doe Sends on Behalf of (Whatever name of box you choose). I can however send an email and it says from the name of the box however. But if you could assist me I would greatly appreciate any hints or tips offered.

Send on Behalf messages only work for other users, not mailboxes. If you have sufficient access for a mailbox, you can send e-mail as that mailbox. If you have permission to send email as another user, you will send on behalf of that user.

HTH,
Mike

Exactly, but to clarify maybe a little more:

Don't open the other mailbox, but mail from YOUR mailbox and use the From field to choose the Name you want to send on behalf of.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

yep, and the ability to do so is used alot when people are "spamming" and that, i hope, you are not doing! that is if you're not talking about useing exchange.

"Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back