Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic scheduling for all users on the back end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissMaya

Programmer
Nov 23, 2011
CA
Currently our Clients are able to log on to our web interface and schedule any of the reports available to them to be run on a frequency of their choosing. We are trying to determine if it's possible to generate some scheduling on behalf of all clients through the
backend. For example, is there a scheduling table somewhere behind the scenes that we can update?

You don't mention what version of the software you're using. However, except in some of the earlier versions of Crystal Enterprise, you cannot access data in the CMS database directly. The pertinent information is stored in a proprietary format in a BLOB field. You have to use either the .NET or the Java SDK to automate type of scheduling that you're talking about.

If you let me know which version you're on and whether you would use Java or .NET, I might be able to direct you to some sample code that schedules reports.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Hi there. We are on Crystal 10 I believe. I'm not sure whether we would use Java or .net... I'll find out.

Unfortunately, CE 10 is not something I can help you with. The code that I have is all from after BusinessObjects took over the software.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Okay but is it possible then in Crystal 11? They're looking at upgrading us. Sorry I should have said that. Thanks.

Crystal 2011 or Crystal XI? There's a major difference. Also, those are the report design software which creates the reports that are scheduled - it has nothing to do with the actual scheduling of reports. If you're looking at Crystal Server 2011, then yes, that I have code for.

-Dell

Hi there. Its Crystal XI and we would use Java. Is this possible then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back