Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Automatic) Scales in CR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsntyd

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
US
Hi,
Anyone know how to get CR XI to get rid of decimal points if the quantity of what I'm showing in my bar graph is only 1 or 2, or even tell Crystal that the max scale is always at least 3? I know how to manipulate it in VB, but I don't have that luxury in this case. Thanks!

I'm not sure I follow what you're after, but since no one else has replied, I'll try.

I assume you are charting by the quantity itself. You could also chart by a formula field based on the quantity. Something like
Code:
ToText({quantity}, 0)

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Hi, Madawc-
What I'm after is this: I'm getting minor complaints when my reports come up with only one or two quantities, and thus the chart shows 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0,8, etc. when in actuality there's no chance of having 0.4 of something. I'm reporting on whole units. I tried your ToText idea, but it won't let me put the formula field in the "Show" area in Chart Data. ???

Thanks for the reply.

Click to select the y-axis.

Right-click and select "Data (Y) Axis Options".

Select the "Scales" tab...

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I've tried that already. Doesn't work, because with the automatic reports I'm using for different analyses, the quantities change drastically, so I can't give it a definite maximum, minimum or "step" grade. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back