Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic restart on UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gersonalvarez

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2007
VE
Hi Friends
I'm using a Smartonline 1500 VA Tripplite UPS
I've installed the PowerAlert software that comes with it, i've also configured the shutdown event correctly, now my problem occurs when the power is restored, my server does not restart automatically, it seems that Windows 2003 server treats the UPs shutdown as a "clean" shutdown, so it has no reason to restart
It happens when i use it via USB cable, but when i use it via serial the server never shuts down, it always restarts atomatically, so it comes up again when the UPS is still turned on and, of course, when the UPS turns off itself, teh server suffers a "dirty" shutdown.
Even when i try to try to turn the server off at any moment, it restarts(while the serial cable is connected)

I'm not familiar with the TrippLite software, but on other software from APC and Minuteman, we can specify "power restore restart" functions for both the UPS and server. You many want to contact TrippLite support and ask if you can do that in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back