Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Resource Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

lespaul

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
Is there a way to modify the Notes meeting request so that if a specific resource is requested an automated email is sent?

Thanks Pascal! Did you get my email a few weeks ago? Hadn't heard back from you!

Les

Hi Les !

Got your mail, but I've been quite busy lately. I'll be answering you soon, promised !

As to your question, I would see two solutions :

1) include a check in the Query Close event that verifies the content of the ResourceName field. If it corresponds to your specific resource, then fire off a mail where required.

2) Create a scheduled agent in the Resource database that checks all newly-created documents at regular intervals. Same check as above.

If speed is required, I'd go for solution 1. Of course, that means modifying the mail template - which should always be done with utmost caution.

Cheers !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

So, if I modify the mail template what is required so that all existing users get the new template?

Glad to know you got the email, was wondering if it was floating in cyberspace somewhere!

Thanks!
me

If the mail template gets modified, I would say that the only thing required is having it resigned with the server ID so that users don't get wierd ECL violation warnings. That does have a tendancy of confusing them (I know a guy that was actually accused of snooping because of that - it took a lot of explaining to get out of that one !).

Otherwise, you'll just need to be sure that the Update task runs nightly as usual, and the next day everyone should be fine - if they use the proper template definitions in their mail file, of course.

Have fun !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back