Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis13

MIS
Oct 3, 2002
US
Greetings - is there a way tol automatically run a report using Crystal Reports 8.5? I want to be able to schedule reports to be run during the early AM so that the resulting PDF files can be made available through an intranet site.

Thanks in advance.

Just be aware that if you fully automate the process and you have more than 50 viewers, the license considers this broadcasting, and you have to get a broadcast license that can be $10K per year or $35K up front, depending on your version of CR. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks for your responses!

I am looking at a few of the solutions on Ken's site. I have downloaded the trials of cViewManager and CrystalDesk from Recrystallize.com (neither of which have I had success yet...) and am about to download Visual CUT (thanks Ido).

I have looked briefly at Crystal Enterprise (the one that came in the box with CRPro 8.5), but the setup seems a bit daunting and I am concerned about the mounting costs of licensing. As far as broadcasting goes, there are maybe 20 folks who get these reports today, after I manually run them and email them to everyone.

Thanks again and I welcome any other suggestions!!

t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back