Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic reply setting cannot be displayed error--In outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewjj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2010
US
This is a user in a corporate setting using Outlook on EX2010 server. When he clicks on Automatic Replies, he gets the error "Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable". The problem follows the profile. I can recreat another profile on a couple of machines but the problem persists. I tried to open the profile in safe mode and the problem persists. We moved his mailbox to another server and the problem persisted. The only work around is OWA. His automatic reply works fine in OWA. Finally, I compared text file attributes of his profile to other user profiles on the same server and nothing stood out.
Thanks in advance

what is the end users machine? XP would reuqire the latest service pack, at least SP2

or

look in the registry for the key that references the redirect server access to ensure the auto config is addressing you properly

Tom

Are you referring to the Out of Office feature?

Please include the version of Outlook.

CTRL+right click on the system tray icon for Outlook and check the configuration settings against those of a working user.

Safe mode has nothing to do with this, as is only for driver related operating system issues.

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn. Come say hi, look for a job, have some fun.
Pat Richard MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back