Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Reply Email from Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

PulsaMatt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
US
I have a request for some users that a mailbox we have be configured to automatically reply whenever a message is received by the server. That part I got working. When someone sends a email to parts@domainx.com they get a reply back, but its a static reply.

They want something slightly dynamic. They would like either a reply with the body of the original email at the end, or to quote the subject line. Anything like that ... because it isnt uncommon that some reps would send multiple emails to this mailbox per day and they would like them to get a confirmation for each one.

Anyone have any ideas how I could accomplish this? The only sticky part is that I don't have access to the Exchange server directly, I have to go through corporate. When I asked them about this they suggested what I am already doing with a static email.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Matt Laski
Network Administrator
Pulsafeeder SPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back