Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

iomega

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
BE
Hi ,

I have a html ( form ) page on a Intranet website.
This page will be use by the 800 user's and i need a automatic recognition on this page with their win2000 login.
For exemple on beginning of this page : hi , "user" you are on ...
It is possible ?

Thanks in adavance

PS :i have the solution for access 2000 !!! grrrr :eek:(

On your server make this site use Integrated Windows Authentication, this is in Properties of the virtual server, Directory Security, Edit, this works on both IIS 4 and 5. Make sure your NTFS permissions allow "Everyone" to access this directory and child directories. This will mean that in order to access the site you will have to be authenticated to the NT/W2K domain, if you have a proxy server you will also have to disable the proxy for the address of your Intranet server, in IE under Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, Advanced, Browser exceptions.

You can then access the username from the REMOTE_USER, or AUTH_USER this will include the NT domain name in it like this DOMAIN/USERNAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back