Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Reboot for BCM50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward1492

Technical User
Jun 17, 2006
US
I need to auto-reboot the BCM50 every 24 hours, since it seems to crash otherwise ( even with all the new patches). Since it is LINUX, I would like to put a "reboot -n" in the crontab file. If I can't get access to normal LINUX functions, does Nortel at least have their own method of doing this?

Please tell me is this a new installation i have recently had a problem where a BCM50 would `crash` but the alarm logs would indicate alarm 50 and 51 this was a brand new kit...

The Type 50 Alarm indicates that the DSM has been disconnected, and the Type 51 id for the Trunk Module being diconnected. I also have had these alarms, and on one installation, proved fault to be the expansion chassis. Changed that and never had the fault again.

ahh thats good to know the whole kit was replaced on this occasion but i`ll bear that in mind if it happens again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back