Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Print Logs in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ivDesign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

I am posting this for a colleague of mine who has had a recent situation of an employee tranferring and printing data prior to quitting. They want to know if there is anyway to view a Print Log as to what was being printed? It a matter of this employee printing client sensitive information on their local desktop printer and using it for their own gain - which goes against their complete company policy.

I know of various "undelete" programs out there, however my colleague has a feeling that most of the info might have been printed....Is there a way to find out if anything has been printed within the last few days (max a week)? Or any programs out there that gets into the "guts" of XP and "retraces" steps?

Any solutions, help, or anything on this type of matter would be greatly appreciated. Note: The computer in question has not been touched since to preserve anything that can be traced back.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this sort of thing.

If you are lucky you may find information in the event viewer, probably won't though as by default the print server only logs errors.

you can set this to log successful printing jobs by going into the printers and faxes >> file >> print server >> advanced tab

Adrian Paris

Paris Engineering Ltd

Google search of just tech forums & articles
(very useful, honest!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back