Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Offhook dialling after sipulated time 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takst3r

Vendor
Aug 10, 2011
ZA
Hi Guys,

Does the IP Office (any recent version) have the capabilities of calling out after 5 sec after the handset has been lifted.
This is similar to hot dialing with a difference in that if you decide to dial a number before the 5 sec has elapsed then the feature gets disabled.

The customer for an old age home has requested this feature for the elderly in the event they need assistance and cannot call out.

Regards

IPO doesn't support native, but you could go off-hook ?D to a VMPro auto attend that played dialtone as the greeting, then timed out to whatever destination you want.

So when the dial tone in VM is active could one dial externally or as per normal before it times out?

Thats exactly what i'm looking for if youre able to use the played dial tone as a normal dial tone. Can someone confirm, I don't have a lab to test,

Thanks

You'll need to modify the menu object to meet your needs, but it should work just fine. The hardest part will be getting a good recording of dialtone.

nice one TTT

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

thanks guys...

Really appreciate all the assistance.

Just be aware this can quickly eat up your VM channels if it's a busy system and if VM goes down no calls at all, not even emergency calls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back