Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Make Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidf88

Programmer
Dec 14, 2008
GB
Hi All,

One of my first posts on these forums regarding the Mitel Telephony solution and I have come up with an interesting problem I have become stuck with.

I am currently trying to programme one of the handset keys on a 5312 IP phone to set an automatic make busy. The idea is that the agents on the floor can hit this and it will take them straight into a reason code. The keypress should simulate the same as pressing Make Busy + 8 (where 8 is the reason code being applied)

However I have ran into a snag, if I set this up as a speedcall with the number as *2*8, this just gives me an invalid error. If I put a pause in (*2*P8) it just sits there waiting for the user to press in the code.

Has anyone ran into this at all or can provide some feedback that would be great.

Many Thanks

You do realize that there is a Make Busy key right?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yes I am well aware of the make busy key, however I want to incorporate the two as per my initial post

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no, I doubt that you can do this.

How about 2 keys, 1 makebusy and 1 reason.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back