Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic keystroke for test setup software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen666

Programmer
Nov 4, 2004
DK
Hi,
great forum.
I'm a newbie, I hope thats allright!

I have to make a test setup of a new piece of sofware we're developing(made in Delphi, but not by me), it is a very complex program, so I'd like to make another program in Delphi that could test it for me overnight. The problem is that I'd need to key in a few keystrokes for this to work. Does anyone know of a way to do this in Delphi or know of a program that would help me with this?
Thanks

Vixen666

Delphi has 2 'events' associated with each 'form' and many other visual components.
OnKeyPress and OnKeyDown.
You can use these to intercept keyboard actions (there has been another thread on this subject recently) but you will also find some examples in the Delphi help.

Steve
Be excellent to each other and Party on!

If you could give us more details, that would enable us to better assist you. Is it a form-based application? What sort of things are you aiming to test? etc

Clive [infinity]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
Paul Ehrlich
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

thanks for your help. I realize that i'm too much of a newbie to do this, which is annoying since I really wanted to!!
Vixen

I think you want to search for a "sendkeys" component - sounds like uou want to send key strokes to the program you want to test.

Hey thanks jberube, I think that you are on to something...this might be a good place for me to start learning this.
Vixen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back