Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic import from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvus

Technical User
Oct 3, 2004
ES
Hello, I am trying to migrate around 200 Access databases, each one with 150 big tables to SQL Server 2000, for the moment I am doing it database by database with the export option in Enterprise manager, but it seems to me that there must be a cleverer and faster way, Can anybody help me?
On the other hand some of the tables have a field with dates with the year 2500, and that produces an error in SQL and I have to change them to 2050, for instance, is ther a way to report the mistakes to a file and know wich tables produced the error instead of seeing it at the end of each import?
Thanks in advance, that would save me a lot of time and effort, and head aches...

I have the same problem. Im still working out the kinks

I created a DTS package to look at all the files then get the filename, assign it to the access source, then the transform task will import that mdb.

The problem I have is automatinf the import routine to iterate through all the files.

The problem I have is once the transform data task connects to the MDB, and imports the file, I have no way of releasing the connection to the mdb file so i can delete it, and import the next one. I can do it just fine when importing text files.

George Oakes
Check out this awsome .Net Resource!

you have to save Date as DateTime in SQl not smalldatetime

Read Bol datetime data type, overview

==========================
Sorry to be terse
some say it's a curse
I know it's worse
I'm just diverse
-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.