Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

amacfarl

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
DE
Hi Folks,

I have the following HTML form:

<FORM action= method=post>
<INPUT type=checkbox CHECKED value=ON name=sendcopy>
<INPUT maxLength=100 size=60 value=&quot;Question&quot; name=subject>
<TEXTAREA name=message rows=7 wrap=VIRTUAL cols=58></TEXTAREA>
<INPUT type=submit value=&quot;Send message&quot;> </FORM>

I would like to implement the functionality that this form is called numerous times (maybe via for loop), using the data in an array. Any suggestions on how one may achieve this.

One added bonus would be to track its progress.... i.e. print out the successful postings to a web page whilst it is posting it. Or is this wishful thinking.

Kind regards

What database do you use? Can you suppport PHP+MySQL? If so, I might be able to get you at least a partial solution....Do you just want to go through all records in a db, open this page, fill out the form, and submit? That's easy enough.....I think that js could be used to make it &quot;look&quot; like the data was added to that other page....in fact, I know it can be. This is like a basic chat system.

Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------
RISTMO Designs
Arab Church
Reference Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back