Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic generation of forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

gacca

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
LV
Hi,

i have the following problem.

I'm developing a database in Access for financial analysis of companies. First a user enters the balance sheet and Profit and loss account. Then calculations are made to find whether balance sheet and P/L account entries need explanations. For example:

Fixed assets 100
Cash 50

I have two formulas:
If fixed assets are more than 90 then the user should explain what do they contain. If cash is more that 60 then the user must explain why. In this case explanation is required only for fixed assets.

I guess that i should make a table that contains explanations, now i want access to generate an input form that asks questions about only needed explanations (in the example fixed assets) while assignin 0 to all the cells that do not need explanations. The question i want to ask is whether such thing is possible in access. Do not waste your time going into details, just a few brief pointers on how to do it.

Gatis

Hi

Yes you can create forms on the fly, see CreateForm and CreateControl in help

but..

why do you need to cretae them on the fly?

why not have a previously created form, which you opne only if the explanation is needed?, you could pass the id of the field requiring explanation to the opened form via openargs, to allow you to (say) filter the possible explanations

seems a lot easier than creating forms as you go, and it will work mork quickly rtaher than the user haeving to watch (no doubt very impressive) form creation while they wait to get on with their task

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back