Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic filling for dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

baha

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hi,

I am doing an appointment database in access, and i need to know which available appts i have, so i can assign them. I decided to create Appt table and available Appts table. In Appt table i will have name, date and time of appt, employee name and etc. The problem is Available Appts table. I want it to automatically calculate and display available appts with the interval of 30 min. from 8 am till 6 pm for every day, and then i click on one appt, it should go to appt table, and be removed from Available Appt. table.

I just need some suggestions on how to do it can u suggest me on the coding and commands, so i can look them up and learn and possibly finish the project.

Thanks in advance

baha: This doesn't sound too bad. You need to prioritize your available appointments, say, next in line (date) or by user choice(listbox, etc) and then run a delete query after you have updated the appointment table with the necessary criteria. Lay out a few fields, etc.. and we'll play around with this a bit and solve it.

von Auburn Univ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back