Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic File Send...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoser337

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
CA
Not sure if this is the best forum for this...but here goes. I need to have some program "watch" a specific folder...and when a new file gets added (happens automatically once a day from production software), the software has to automatically dial another PC and transfer the file...then hang up. Anybody know of such a program. The only link between these computers is a phone line...and they don't want to have to dial up manually (like pcanywhere auto file transfer)...they want the system to dial them...and the new files "just be there" in the morning. Hope I was clear enough about this. Thanks!

globalchicken is correct. Have a scheduled event run under the system account and have the folders sync

Tom

Sounds interesting...but I don't know anything about file sync. What about the dial up thing? Thanks

I used a very good file replication software called SureSync. Their interface is very easy but handles simple to complex replication quite well. I use a copy at home to replicate simply my music files. I also have several server copies of it at work to replicate large chunks of data to several offices worldwide. It's quite reliable. I've set it up a few months ago and haven't needed much maintenance on it.

You're using dial-up 56K networking? The SureSync product I'm using allows me to vpn into my work network and replicate my music files to my work computer. I just had to map the drive to my system. I really like this product. Their website is
Their support team is really good too. Their response time if quick.

Jr. IT Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back