Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobg4u

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
CA
Is there a way to email reports automatically using Cognos Tools?

bob,
you can script the sending of reports via email client. There's some examples in the macro help file or on this tip site.
lex

As per Cognos, the way to email reports automatically to specific users is to use NoticeCast (EP Series 7).

It depends what format you want to send it in. You can take and .imr and save it as another format, for example a .txt (if it small amt of info) and script a bat file to send files to email addresses depending on your email type. Lotus Notes is a good one. I can't give you all the details, I just know it can be done.

CP [cook]

Hi CP,
I was saving the report as an XL with Format,and then mailing the Excel file.
I finally could make it to work using a script,which I could write after looking at all the scripts that people earlier posted in this forum.Thanks to all of them,and specially to Dave,who has organized everything as nice FAQ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back