Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Dictionary Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bek22

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
US
Is there any way to analyze a .RPT file and automatically create a dictionary that contains what that report uses?

There are several very nice report documentation software packages out there. If you are using 8.5 or older REport miner is very good. I have been having problems with report miner since I upgraded to 9.0 though.

I tried Report Miner and it seems like it might be useful, but I was hoping to do something different than what Report Miner offers. I guess what I'm really looking for is an easier way to create Crystal Dictionary files (.DC5) as opposed to the tedious method of using the Crystal Dictionaries program. Is there a better way? Or is there even an entirely different method for creating user friendly table and field aliases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back