Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic creation of announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJMF

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
US
Is there a way have an announcement on the SharePoint home page automatically created from an email. For example lets say I have an announcement that I would normally send out a company wide email to let everyone know of an upcoming event. Is it possible to send this email to a particular mailbox and then have the subject of the email become the title of the annoucement and the body of the email become the body of the annoucement. This may be far fetched but one of the owners asked me to look into this. If this is just not possible, any suggestions on how you handle this would be appreciated as well.
Thanks.

I believe that's possible with MOSS 2007. I'm not sure of the implementation details but I know you can setup incoming email to certain lists or libraries that will scan an inbox and store the emails within sharepoint.

I did a little reading and it is possible with MOSS but we have Windows Sharepoint Services. I don't see any way to do it with what we have but if I'm missing something please let me know.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back