Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Call Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff3558

MIS
Oct 10, 2002
US
If anyone knows a phone system that has an ACD option that is designed specifically to BALANCE the calls EQUALLY to all people in a particular group that is what I am looking for - The rest of this post is background info, not needed to answer really but provides some context.

I am starting to look for a new phone system.
Currently we have an NEC SV-8100 that I have found so much help here for, a primary complaint that the owner has is he says the ACD does not distribute the calls EVENLY. *** Yes the people are on the same priority ***. This is not a configuration issue. They also make outgoing calls to check stock, return customer calls, get NON ACD calls via direct line or direct dialed extension. Then we have salespeople that have ridiculous amounts of total break time, some spread over 10-15 breaks of 9 to 12 minutes.

Previously we had a BCM50 with Call Pilot and the owner says it had a least busy mode that would automatically balance the calls among all salespeople. The way I understand is least busy rings to the person that has been idle the longest. He insists that the calls were more evenly distributed but there are other factors that have changed. A few more salespeople, another ACD group (a second company we bought with a different phone greeting)

As a programmer this seems like quite a simple task. Simply present the call to the first person available with the lowest # of ACD calls for the day.
This is somewhat flawed because if a person is gone half the day then they would get every single call in the afternoon if they were not on the phone.

I suggest to first check with our experts in the NEC forum to see if you can tweak the system.

Top left under "My Forums" click on "Wiring Closet" to see full list of system forums.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Any ACD system needs to be managed. All systems have features that the agents can activate to go on break, log-out, or even never log-in to take calls. You are describing a people problem that needs to be addressed with proper reporting to back it up. It sounds like you already have everything that you need and as already stated, perhaps some "tweaks" could help. Ultimately if agents refuse to be available on an NEC system, those same agents will refuse to be available on an Avaya, Cisco, etc......

-CL

Most modern systems can do this, some with external servers can do more.
Unify (Siemens) OpenScape 4000 does ACD by default - with source based routing
However for Skills based routing they provide OpenScape Contact Centre for all purposes including detailed reporting.

Jeff3558
"Longest Idle Agent" setting in the queue will distribute calls even to agents in the group. But they learn the tricks. I had a group that would not answer the phone. so I programmed the phone to log out of the queue if ring no answer. Pretty soon the queue is closed and the manager would hear on the over head page, someone in department pickup on line. Broke them of that habit. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back