Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated tasks in Windows XP (Spybot, WSUS, eliminating mouse clicks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicInst

Programmer
Jul 5, 2010
A1
When scripting Spybot with command prompts, how do you circumvent the GUI pop up "Legal Stuff If you remove advertisement..." that requires you click "Ok."? I tested my script, and it doesn't progress until you click "Ok" with the mouse. This prompt comes up after you try to scan the system for changes or remove spyware. One method would be to click "Don't show this message again" then click "Ok." But that requires user intervention. I want to deploy this enterprise-wide.

The “Open browsers detected!” window happens when /autoimmunize kicks off immunization yet browsers are open. Is there a way to suppress it? With user intervention, they could uncheck “Show this dialog again?” button. But user intervention is undesirable.

Can the tasks happen on shutdown (rather than a specific time or when users are idle)?

Could WSUS help automate tasks from spybot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back