Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated SMS text mssaging query

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby01

MIS
Jun 11, 2003
IE
Hi,

I am looking for a service that will send a sms text message to a mobile phone when a specific url is opened, and it must be automated, that is I create a programme that will open this specific URL and will pass in the phone number and the message text to the web page( in the url parameters I'm thinking), this will then send the text message,

If anyone knows of such a service it would be a great help,

Cheers,

Webby01

Do you mean that i should send the message to an email account and this will be forwarded to the cell-phone?

Would prefer not to have to use email if it is possible?

In order to send an SMS message, your computer must either be on the GSM network or interface to it.

You can put your computer on the GSM network either by connecting it via serial or USB to your cell phone, or you can install an GSM module.

You can interface to GSM though the use of other organizations' websites or via email.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back