Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Process using Lookup.ini on GM 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgross

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
I'm running GMCE v7.5 and am trying to create a automated process to update a field. seems simple enough except when I select 'Options' for the 'Update Field' action, the radio button to select 'Look-up a replacement value in lookup.ini' is greyed out so I cannot select it. Does anyone know how to get around this?

thanks in advance,

Mark G

Our lookup.ini is fairly complex, updating 12 fields...the option to "lookup a replacement value in lookup.ini" is in the AP Update field option but it is greyed out. Why would it be there at all if it cannot be used? I remember in the 6.7 version there was a quirk where the user had to click past the option, then go back and it would magically become available...but no such joy in this version.

FYI, I looked up the data in the TRACKS table and determined that the system puts a value of "LU" in the aoption1 field...this tells the AP to update the field value from lookup.ini; so for a workaround, I can go outside the system and edit this field; I'd rather work within the system, which is why I posted this question. Thanks

MGross: Why would it be there at all if it cannot be used?

DJ: Because they are reusing a standard screen instead of creating a totally new one for this single particular activity. The reuse of code is a common pracice that I myself incorporate to make programming easier.

Work-a-Rounds can be very danderous, but when they work they are a god send. Please let us know if this one works for you without consequences.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

The option to update based on lookup.ini worked in version 6.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back