Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Press adverts - via the use of a database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budgy

Programmer
Jan 4, 2005
GB
Hi I really hope some one can help me out here.

Here the outline of the situation. Every Friday evening I get sent a load of press adverts, which I have to put on the Intranet. This will involve detaching the ads, renaming them, adding them to the site with the Name of the paper, the date, and the organisation they belong to. What I want to know is if there is a more automated way of doing this. I was thinking weather I could detach and drop the ads into a folder and get a Access database connection to the press ads page. Which in-turn would allow me to insert the ads for the last seven days, yet keep a account of all ads which can be a called upon, via perhaps the use of a search function. This is just one idea I have had, are there any other ways I could make this mundane job easier?..

All your suggestions and feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Budgy

[thumbsup2]

"He that asks a question is a fool for a moment, he that never asks a question is a fool all his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back