Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated PDF Exports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregarican

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I am wondering how far I can take this idea. What I am hoping to do is invoke Crystal Reports 9 RAS through an URL so that it will automatically generate an exported PDF file in a common directory. I am looking to feed in a single parameter in order to specify the Record Select. On the backend I have Ruby on Rails creating purchase orders and am looking for CR to generate the output so that the PDF files sitting in the common directory can be collected and faxed off through my new fax server.

In past versions of Crystal Enterprise I could add things into the URL, such as prompt0, user0, password0, etc. but now see the interactive.asp used by CR 9 RAS isn't as feature-rich. Does anyone know of a (relatively) quick way to pass along one parameter through an URL and specify PDF export there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back