Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Numbering Information.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
I am trying to set up a RAS Server, and I am not sure of the number of the phone line that ther server will be connectec to. Is there some sort of Automated Numbering Infomration phone number that can be dialed from the line that will give you the number that you are calling from. I believe I once read the the long distance compaines have these numbers so you can check who your carrier is as well.

Sadly yes there is, and it varies phone company by Phone company so we can't give you more than hints: 311 or 811 I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Ugh, neither 311 nor 811 works for me. We have sprint Long Distance and Verizon is our local carrier.

Try 200-555-5555. This works for some Telcos, or just 200. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back