Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated login to different mailboxes on same pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dGemini

Programmer
Dec 16, 2004
BE
hello all.
being a complete newbie about lotus notes, i have trouble automating sending mails from an application through notes.

by using the following (roughly rendered) syntax :

LoSession = CreateObject("notes.NotesSession")
lserver=loSession.GetEnvironmentString( "MailServer",.t.)
lMaildbName = loSession.GetEnvironmentString
loMaildb = loSession.getdatabase(lServer, lMaildbName )

i can logon to the database of the last known user and send mails on his behalve. What I want to do is be able to send mails on behalve of several users on that same pc. I tried assigning according values to the lMaildbName but then the system replies that the last logged on user does not have acces to the other one's mailbox.

How do I change the Identity of the user so that I can access the necessary mail data base ?

thanx, many many times !!

Koen De Groot
koen.degroot@givi.be

You need to to modify the ACL of the mail files that are concerned to allow your agent to access them.
Remember that agents will run with the authority of the last individual that modified them, so it is with that name that you must have access in the ACL of those mail files.

Check out this article at IBM's Developer forum, and this one too. I'm sure you'll find this an interesting read.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back