Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Link Transfer from AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipolmans

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Good Day Tek-Tips,

We have a client on a CICs + Call pilot with analog lines and their AA has an option for Sales, which goes to a sub-menu listing the sales people, when you press one of the options, the call is transferred via Link Transfer to the Sales persons cell phone. The Link Transfer is essential, otherwise, 2 lines would be tied up for the duration of the call.

That said, can IP Office do the same thing? My tech is telling me there is no way to do a Trunk to Trunk transfer automatically from the AA. Can I please ask someone here to confirm this for me.

The end goal here is to be able to dial the extension of the sales person (which will be a ghost extension), or select the option from the AA and have that call go out to the sales persons cell phone, WITHOUT tying up 2 lines.

Please let me know.

On ISDN yes, depending on country, provider and exchange type, analogue...not really :)

Oh, and even the yes is sometimes a no, it's not a standard feature, all carriers and PBX manufacturers call it something different and they don't all do it the same way, mix all that up and you get hit/miss :)

It was the 90's...
the good ole days of centrex.
The IPO can do a flash hook via short code.
The flash hook timer is set under line programming.
Analogue Options - flash pulse width
You should be able to get this to work but
I have tried to use centrex features on an IPO and failed.
Post your result if you get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back