Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated data entry code in MS Excel VB - Edge code how to hit enter to remove popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymenglish

Programmer
Nov 11, 2023
US
Please HELP! Hi there- previous mainframe (Assembler and Cobol) programmer turned small business store owner. My EXCEL VB code that has worked perfectly errors now because of two AI MS pop up windows. MS has this forced with no way to remove it in my settings. I created a VB Excel macro that logs into a website and moves data from excel into the website forms. A popup keeps occurring with MS Edge then the macro pauses permanently. I have made many unsuccessful attempts to remove the toolbar and popups in my MS Edge settings and advanced settings...it appears to be related to new AI code MS has defaulted when accessing MS Edge. I just simply need to simulate the enter key (to remove first popup) then wait 3 seconds and simulate the enter key (to remove 2nd popup) then proceed with my logon code.
My code (that pops up after the website "Obj.Get"

Sub TestEdgeAuto()

Dim Obj As New WebDriver
Obj.Start "edge", ""
Obj.Get " <====this is when I need to simulate the ENTER key and wait 3 seconds to simulate the ENTER key again after 3 seconds.
Obj.FindElementByName("consignorId").SendKeys ("1002")

How about using SendKeys ?

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Erm ... when I use the URL ( directly there are no popups. Goes straight to the login screen.

And when I run your code*, it works as I'd expect. Can yopu perhaps be a little more exp0lixit about the problem you are getting, any error messages, etc.

* I am assuming that you are using SeleniumBasic with the correct Edgedriver version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back