Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automated CSS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovie

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
GB
morning All,
I am trying to install Certificate Services in an unattended manor.
I logon to the server and run my install script it all works fine. However, if i run the install script from an installation service (i.e. no local logon) the install doesnt work. The installation service in running with full local/domain admin rights.
The setupapi log file gives me the following:

[2006/01/24 11:13:59 3252.18]
#-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\sysocmgr.exe" /i:sysoc.inf /u:"C:\unattended.txt"
#E197 Writing "C:\WINDOWS\INF\certmast.inf" to "C:\WINDOWS\INF" is not an approved method of installing INF files. Use a 'CopyINF' entry instead.
#-336 Copying file "C:\amd64\certmast.in_" to "C:\WINDOWS\INF\certmast.inf" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\INF\SET3A.tmp".
#E359 An unsigned, incorrectly signed, or Authenticode(tm) signed file "C:\WINDOWS\INF\SET3A.tmp" blocked (server install). Error 0xe0000237: An INF was copied into the Windows INF directory in an improper manner.
#W187 Install failed, attempting to restore original files.
#-188 Restoring File: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CertSrv\CertControl\x86\scrdenrl.dll" from "C:\WINDOWS\Temp\OLD38.tmp".
#E243 Exemption obtained for protected system file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CertSrv\CertControl\x86\scrdenrl.dll".
#-188 Restoring File: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrdenrl.dll" from "C:\WINDOWS\Temp\OLD36.tmp".
#E243 Exemption obtained for protected system file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrdenrl.dll".

I think i need to sort out the inf file issue.
The certmast.inf file is not available in c:\windows\inf. A certmast.in_ file is available in the amd65 directory but i guess the sysomgr process doesnt like extracting it for some reason.

Could any point me in the right direction? or more specifically i have tried to copy and rename the .in_ file manually but it is in 'double-dutch', is there a specific command i can use to extract this file??

Thanks,
mrmovie

i have used the 'expand' command to expand certmast.in_ into .inf into the inf folder but this hasnt helped the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back