Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated conversion of files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarky78

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
GB
Does anyone know if this is possible. I want to be able to upload a Word document to a website, then an automated process takes over and creates a PDF and HTML file of the word document to be displayed to users.

It doesn't have to be one component does all as I have found a component to do the PDF side of things but can't seem to find anything for the Word->HTML part.

does anyone know if the word->html is possible ?

Actually, word can do that for you. And if you recorded a macro inside of word of you saving it as an HTML file, then I bet that would get you on the right track.

Then you could open up the script editor and just copy the code it makes.

I warn you that the HTML it creates, though, isn't the prettiest stuff you've ever seen.

:)
paul
penny.gif
penny.gif

Thanks for that I had already thought of that but apparently that is not a satisfactory solution, they want to just upload the one file and then the server script creates two files for them.

Is is possible to access the command that Word uses to do this in some way ?

Arperry

Unfortunately unless you can find a third-party piece of software to do this you can not create PDF's on a server using any part of Acrobat as it is against their license.

Check the adobe user to user forum on this issue - it has been discussed many, many times as others have tried to do this.

I would check into the document management apps by Hummingbird.

They have a product for storing documents in over 100 or so different formats, and viewing them later through a web-browser. The product is called CyberDocs. Of course, since it is a full-blown enterprise document manangement solution, you can expect to pay a steep price for it. cquick@callingpost.com
Geographic Information System (GIS), ASP, some Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back