Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Backup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trotter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
CA
Does anyone have a good batch script to run NTBackup on an NT 4 Server. I wanna run it Mon Tues Wed at 11pm.
Thanks for any help.

I have an NT4 backup script that I used to use before I moved onto Arcserve. If this is still of use then let me know.

Yeah please , I'll like to try the Script. Can you post it?

Thanks very much

rem ** server Backup
ntbackup backup k:\ g:\foler\folder g:\folder(1) c:\exchsrvr /d "My Server Backup" DS \\[servername] IS \\[servername] /d "[servername] IS-DS backup" /b /hc:eek:n /l "C:\Backup.log" /e

This is what I used, where [servername] is the name of your server. I saved this file as backup.cmd, then scheduled it for the appropriate days of the week using winat like the other guys said

I use basically the same script with the WINAT scheduler to make it run. I do have a problem with the log, however. It seems to stall/terminate during the verify pass. Here is what my log looks like right at the end:

(Insert lots of other directories that were verified here)
Directory c:\WINNT\System32
Dire

Any ideas/suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back