Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Account Creation Utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2002
US
Are there any utility programs that can take a list of names, create a user account for them and also turn on their Exchange Mailbox as well? We are running Win2k AD domain with Exchange2k, and have been creating users manually. Would like a utility to speed up the process.

How many accounts do you have create on a daily basis that you would need an automatic account creator?

We are a college, so it not daily, but based on the academic calendar. In August we will create 500-600 new user accounts, and another 200 or so in December for the Spring Semester. We also have a small graduate program that will admit 20 or so students at different intervals throughout the year. As I said, we have been doing this manually and it works, but it seems we should be able to save ourselves the effort of re-keying all of this information into AD.

I'd recommend the createusers.vbs that is part of the Win2k server resource kit. You create a text input file with all the properties you want, and run it with appropriate rights to run programs against AD from the console. tmp.Worldwide
Business Objects 5i
Systems Integrator
Pfizer Global Research and Development

Thanks! I found that I have a copy of createusers.vbs, but can't seem to locate and directions on how to use it. The /? switch, as usual, wasn't very helpful...Do you have any cheat sheets?

i also work at a college .. we had an outside consultant do our scripts but it now needs updating and i have been informed i have to learn it.. where can i get more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back