Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automate xml xsl transformation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

girky

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
US
So I'm a bit confused and obviously this is my first attempt at xsl. I have an xml file that I need to import into MS Access daily. I've created an xsl file to transform it into the format I need.

How do I automate the xsl transformation to create my file so I can have it for my Access import? Do I need software to do the transformation, or is there code I can write and run as a scheduled task or something similar?

Thanks for the help!

You may try adding top level processing-instruction to your xml?
[tt] <?xsl-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="your_xsl.xsl" ?>[/tt]

correction
Sorry, too careless. The line should read like this!
[tt] <?[red]xml[/red]-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="your_xsl.xsl" ?>[/tt]

OK, so when I put that line in I get the output I want when I open the xml file itself, but Access gives me an error if I try to import that xml "A text/xml declaration may occur only at the very beginning of input".

So I think I still need to generate a txt file or html file that i could import into Access.

That's what I need!

And i also found this article about how to transform within Access "You cannot import attribute-centric XML in Access" >
I'm on my way! Thank you so much tsuji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back