Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate Ultravnc Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGOil

MIS
Apr 5, 2005
US
OK. So I've been trying to find a way to automate the install of vnc on client machines. I've read some steps on UltraVnc's site and that didn't really do much but, I did check out fastpush which did work and the only problem that I need to figure out is how do I apply the administrative properties? I'm wondering if there is a way to apply registry keys that I copied from a configured manual install on a computer? If I can apply them then how can I apply them using fastpush silently. When I try to run the keys via DOS I normally get the prompt asking me if I want to apply the registry keys. How do I get that to run silently? I was think that may be I could add a line in the fastpush program to run a batch file that will run the keys for me and apply them. Anybody have any ideas on how to get this working? It would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back