Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate Fill and ASP Form Submit for Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dldev

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hello,

I have been looking for an application that would enable me to set-up an hourly job to run. This job would populate and submit (or submit a pre-populated form) that would run (submit) once an hour. The client is worried the form might not be running so they want some kind of confirmation that it is in fact running. I've found an auto fill and submit application, but not a tool that can automate a submit on an hourly (or otherwise timed) basis. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this or is there a JavaScript or other automated solution I haven't considered that I could search for, a service of some kind perhaps? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

There are several nice, free IT automation languages available that could do what you want. I personally use AutoIT, similar to VBScript in syntax, which can be compiled to an executable. You could create a script to open the web page at hourly intervals, fill in the information, then submit the page.

You could also use a Javascript timer to submit the page on the hour, then the ASP page submitted to could save the info, sleep for a minute, then redirect to the original form page that would go through the waiting period again, etc.

There are many other possibilities, I'm sure.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back