Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate Faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knicks

Technical User
Apr 1, 2002
US
Does anyone know the easiest system for running a report in Access that can populate fax software? It may need to input the phone numbers.

I have done some research on Efax Developer but am still not convinced that it is the right product.

I did do this many moons ago (about 5 years) and I'm sure I used something called RightFax. It was really fiddly to setup, but at in the end.

Hope this helps,

Fitz
Did you know, there are 10 types of people in this world:
* Those who understand binary
and
* Those who Don't!!

Thought about emailing it instead?

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
9 times out of 10 I know what I'm talking about. This must be my tenth reply.

TheFitz

Thank you for your suggestion. I checked it out and it appears like it would work but is very expensive - I was seeing prices in the thousands of dollars.

You could PDF the file then e-mail it?

There is a free PDF maker around..

If I did not say it before, I really appreciate the time and expertise of the users on this forum.

Unfortunately these are doctor offices and lab type places that will need it to go to their FAX machine.

Also, I've run into automating email issues in Outlook due to the security enhancements against SPAM. It would take an act of god to get IT to open that security loop hole up!

On the automating email issues, MS put a fix into Outlook to stop anyone doing this. To my knowledge there is no way round it!!

As for RightFax and yes, I believe it was expensive. There were fax servers if I remember correctly, but for my solution the cost (and environmental) saving was really worth the cost of the product.

Sorry can't be much more help.

Fitz
and
* Those who Don't!!

sorry should have defined my answer better, on the automated emails, makes MS look bad!! They did it to stop the autoemailing virus's working.

Fitz
and
* Those who Don't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back