Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate Client Config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IoN6

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
Hello, I am trying to 'script' or automate the config process for out laptop image. I have install LNotes 6.5.2 as a single user install to C:\Notes and C:\Notes\Data I have created a VB script to make an answer file that is being called from the notes.ini that our admin suggested. This works, but is not very consistant. Some times it will populate the Internet Mail Address field and almost always it will NOT populate the Sametime Server field.

The script creates a file called C:\Notes\Data\UserSetup.txt and looks something like this:

Username=Username/Domain
KeyFileName=C:\Notes\Data\username.id
Domino.Server=1
Domino.Name=Servername/Domain
Domino.Port=TCP/IP
IM.Server=SAMETIME/Domain
IM.Port=1533
IM.ConnectWhen=2
IM.Protocol=0
AdditionalServices=0
Replication.Threshold=9999
Replication.Schedule=0

And the top of the notes.ini file looks like this:

[Notes]
ConfigFile=C:\Notes\Data\UserSetup.txt

The script that creates the answer file is run after the laptop is booted up. LNotes opens up fine, but as I said it is not populating these fields. The Internet Mail Address will be filled in every once in a while. But the Sametime server is never populated. I am blanking out everything below the $$ in the notes.ini file and deleting the names.nsf and they are all being created fine aside from some info missing.

Is there an easier way to do this? Am I missing something. I would like to be able to run a script to dump the ID file on the laptop and then open notes and not have to manually configure anything. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

John-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back