Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate ARCSERVE R16 Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

luanarocha

Technical User
Nov 13, 2012
Hi,
On my last employer i use to work with HP Data Protector, now i've to work with CA ARCSERVE R 16, and even reading the ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE, i can't figure out how to apply simple rules that i use to manage so easily in data protector.

We have only three backup jobs, and we need to automate the backup as far as we can, because we are experiencing troubles with people that just forget to put the media in the library, or they forget to format the media...

I've created the media pools, but I just can't:

- Make the job auto inventory the medias to select the correct one;
- Every time i need to schedule the job and mount the media (there is a way to do this automaticaly?)
- I always have to set a media name, why i just can't assign the media barcode as the media name? Or just use some wildcard to name the media as the day or something like that?
- Just in case of the media run out space or they forgot to put the media on the drive, can i setup a spare media that will be used? (I say that because our library has 24 slots and we use only 7 medias per week. Every day one media is used and sent to a safe location storage)

To sum up i need to automate the backup job to run itself without human intervention, the only think that we need to do is to assure that the media are in the magazine (and if they forgot to put the media, the job can use any free media in the maganizes).

Does anyone have this cenario?

Thanks,

Lu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back