Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autoloader and tape not sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmint

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2003
MY
hi all,

i'm new to networker, using networker 6.1 on NT server. I've got a problem here. the tape is mounted on the drive in the autoloader, but the autoloader don't seem to be able to see the tape. I've tried to reset the autoloader and it doesn't work still. When we try to do inventory, it takes very long and never finshes and hangs.

- reset the autoloader (nsrjb -HEv)
- re-inventory the autochanger
should do the job.

If this is a new configuration, may it be that you have switched the tape sequence during jbconfig. You may check this by looking at the tape drive. NW might just load the wrong dirve and then I/O read errors would be the result.

This may also occur because you rebooted the system an Windows auto-detected the drives in the wrong sequence !

If you use barcodes, is it possible that you have mounted the barcode label upside down ?

Firt use Tapes command i,e
C:\Tapes to verify your servers lists the tapes as installed, also use inquire commads as above to verify tapes are listed as installed, check SCSI cables etc.
Then, if you should also check and make sure your auto loader is one that is supported by legato, and it was created correctly using jbconfig utility.
Pay close attention to device type when you create it, i.e dont specify LTO2 instead of LTO for gen 1 drive, check Timer values in server setup and incrase them from defaults.
Then
Mount the tape and try to use
nsrjb -HEvvv to reseet the jukebox.
If the above command hangs, you must have some problem with your device setup.
Other wise check Demon log etc for errors.

hi guys,

thanks for the answers.

605 > for the autoloader reset, do we go to the c: prompt and run that comment? i usually reset the loader from the legato itself, will that make the difference.

The basic effect is almost same. However, the command line tells you more about the internal processes so that you can verify each step. Also it gives you more command opportunities in case you need them.

Also I'm fresh in Networker. Did your networker configured bar-code enable?
And make sure do not install any "Autochanger/Jukebox driver" only in WindowsNT. Since Networker handing the driver itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back