Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoKeys and Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

awhitsel

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
I have two questions:

1. If I convert my AutoKeys macro into VBA code, will it still work, and/or would I have to do something to it for it to work in its converted state?

2. Can the Shell be used for any Dos prompt command or can it only be used to run executable files?
I want to be able to run several commands (orignally used in a batch file) in succession so that I can point to the A drive and unzip a dbf file that will be imported into my Access database.

As far as 2 goes yes you can run anything that will run at the command prompt, but it will run asynchronously. In other words if you shell a copy of a 200 MB file and immediately try to shell ren (rename command) of the destination file it will fail because the copy is not done. Solution... keep your batch file and run it with shell. There is a waitshell function in some Technet article if you really need to run synchronously.

DoCom.RunApp "appname" John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back