Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autofilter count ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock1970

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
GB
I have several spreadsheets which I use with 'autofilter' to view specific records.
Usually when I filter on any column text appears in the bar (immediately above 'start' in the taskbar) saying something like '15 of 279 records found' - i find this very useful.
A new spreadsheet created recently does not do this. When I use 'autofilter' in it some text does flash in the bar but it's so fast you can't read it and it changes to 'Ready'.
Is the record count a feature that can be switched on or off ? If so, how do I do it ?
The count still works in my older spreadsheets, just not the new one.

Cheers,

Jock

This is one that annoys me no end as well.
I get around this by selecting (highlighting, ctrl,shift and down) the range that has been filtered and then use the count function on the lower right of the screen (usually set to sum, right click and choose count) once set to count this will give you the ammount of cells filtered on.
If anyone knows the ture answer to the question I'd be interetsted too!!

Regards, Phil.

M.U.F.C. Show your true support here:
"Shares not Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back