Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autodiscover SCP odd location

Status
Not open for further replies.

irbk

MIS
Oct 20, 2004
US
I recently changed jobs and I'm in a new, strange, and much larger environment then I was before. Currently I'm troubleshooting some issues with autodiscover. When I do a ctrl + click on my outlook icon and test e-mail with nothing but autodiscover selected, the log tab is telling me that it's attempting autodiscover through a server that's going to be shut down.... Naturally we want to change that but for the life of me I can't figure out where the heck AutoDiscover is even getting this SCP from. Could someone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Nope, AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri is correct. Yet when I do a ctrl + click on my outlook icon and test e-mail with nothing but autodiscover selected, the log tab is telling me that it's attempting autodiscover through a different server first, before it goes to the server specified in the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri setting.

It is the SCP list in AD that lists servers in the order installed. Drill into there and remove it manually or remove the Exchange server nicely with uninstall and it will remove it for you.

I don't see it in there either. My environment has a 2 way trust with another domain. There is 1 listing in SCP for our server and 1 listing for an LDAP lookup to the remote domain. I can only assume it's got something to do with the LDAP to the remote domain because the server that's being returned is from the remote domain. Problem is I don't have access to everything in the remote domain so that I could track it down. All I know is that an LDAP lookup is done.

Yes, you'll do an ldap query cross site. If you don't have access to the remote site, it will limit troubleshooting and resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back