Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autodiscover Exchange 2010 & Office 365 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I'm having some difficulties with autodiscover and a migrated (onboarded) user (only one so far - me). So far I'm testing with my user alone while I work out bugs.

I'm running the Autodiscover and Exchange ActiveSync test from Microsoft's Remote Connectivity Analyzer website.

It will work successfully for a user who is still on-premise, but not for me.

When trying to send an Autodiscover POST request to the Office 365 autodiscover url I get an HTTP 401 Unauthorized response.

Our email addresses are in the format [tt]firstname.lastname@domain.com[/tt].
Aliases are usually first 6 chars of lastname plus the first initial, so: [tt]lastnaf[/tt] (there is some variation, but suffice to say, they are not the same format as the first part of the email address).
User was synced using Azure AD Connect and has a o365 username of: [tt]alias@company_name.onmicrosoft.com[/tt] (note: not domain-com.onmicrosoft.com).
Using the EMC, I can see the user has a Routing Address of: [tt]alias@company_name.mail.onmicrosoft.com[/tt].

The test step that is failing describes this:

[pre]The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL for user alias@company_name.mail.onmicrosoft.com.[/pre]

I've seen someone post about password complexity requirements possibly causing this, which I tried fixing, but did not work (and yes I'm typing the password correctly).

Does anyone know what I can do to get the Autodiscover to work properly?

Hey! Got it to work!

Turns out the issue was the user logon name - in O365. I switch the domain on it from company_name.onmicrosoft.com to domain.com and it worked! I also had to change it in Active Directory as well (some knucklehead before me setup our domain as acroynm.ad.domain.com rather than just domain.com), but I had already previously done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back