Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocreated printers don't delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekbabe

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
CA
We have an NT 4.0 Terminal server environment with Metafreame 1.8 FR1. When users logon they get their printers but after they log off the autocreated printers stay in the printers folder of the server. They do not say that they are autocreated under the comment field anymore. So when other users try to print they have to scroll through dozens of printers to choose their own.

Is there anyway to get rid of these printers and have users select their printer only once?

I have used generic drivers whenever possible when I originally installed the printers.

@$#@# Citrix Printing!

I believe if you add the line "Auto created client printer" in the comment box then have them log out and back on this should take care of your problem. That is what we do anyway. We just can't get the printers to default correctly unless we take out the auto create client printer line.

Have you also checked in the Citrix Server Admin tool for any user disconnects. If a user disconnects from the server rather than logs off, you will see this problem a lot. If this is not the case, I may recall seeing a setting that might help remove auto-client created printers that are not deleting properly after log off. Let us know.

Thanks Solstrom, I've added that line in and I'll watch it over the next couple of days.

Jamor1999, Some of these users are disconnects. I have it set so that it boots any inactive sessions after 3 hours. But I believe that it is still happening for logoffs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back